Tuesday 1 May 2012

Success?

So we did it. Harold and any proxies with efficient sniper ability were positioned around the town and the rest of us got busy setting things on fire. It took about an hour or two even with the huge amount of people helping. We lost quite a few but proxies are expendable. In the end none escaped... but one almost did.

The town was burning. I was standing at what I thought was a safe distance and watching the fire. Then at the last second an infected woman comes charging out of the fire towards me. I was too surprised to act and she reached me grabbing me by the shoulders. I was sure I was about to die. I could feel The Artificial infection traveling into me. I'm not sure what caused me to put my hand in my pocket and grab my wife's ring. Maybe I just wanted too feel it one last time.

Whatever the reason the moment I touched it I felt The infection draw back. It was still holding me and staring at me with concentration. I heard gigging and realized it was me. I wasn't in control any more. My hands gripped the woman by her wrists and pulled her hands off my shoulders. Forced her down to a kneeling position. I couldn't hear the birds I couldn't hear anything but the sound of the flames and the giggling.

Then I stopped giggling and I spoke. "You are an imitation. You are fake. I am real." Then I felt a force pushing out of me and into the woman. I let go and staggered back and the woman stood up. She smiled at me.

"Hello Sergei. nice to see you again."

I just stared at her.

"You didn't really believe I'd let you kill me like that did you?"

"The Liar?" I asked incredulously.

"Of course. I've been hiding in that little ring of yours since you killed my last host."

"But... But I thought you couldn't possess me?"

"I can't not for long anyways. I had to ask the birds for permission to save your life and I was only allowed to take control for a few moments."

"Why did you save me?"

"Well if you got infected and destroyed I'd be stuck in that ring forever I needed you alive until I could find a new host. It's just luck that saving your life got me a new host at the same time. Of course I also wasn;t to keen on these insulting copies."

"I'm not just going to let you walk away!"

"You're not going to stop me."

"There are snipers watching this area. Harold is one of them. You'll never get out of here."

She just laughed, pet me on the head and walked off. I heard gunshots but somehow I know they didn't kill her... Him... It.

I fell asleep after that I felt... Tired.

I'm meeting with Vadim tomorrow to deal with the Oathbreakers and make sure this doesn't happen again.

The Liar... I'll let someone else deal with it. I've had far too much of Dying Men now...

1 comment: