Friday 4 May 2012

The Last Act of Fate.

The moment I arrived at the mansion/crack den that was where I was supposed to meet The Archangel I felt a horrible foreboding. I knew this was the moment. All those times Fate made me her little bitch this is where they were leading up to. I knocked on the door knowing already what was coming. Percy Aaron opened the door. Of course Percy Aaron wasn't Percy Aaron. The man who stood there holding the door open was my old friend Portnoy Augustus. I walked in warily and sat where I was told to. I waited for him to acknowledge me. Say something about what happened. I betrayed him, almost destroyed the universe, Made him lose his powers and left him for dead. Not to mention he must know I got myself renested. It was then I also realized that since he hates The Fears why is he now working for The Archangel?

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked.

"Surprised to see you." I replied evenly. He didn't seem angry in fact he didn't seem to recognize me at all.

He was about to speak again when a door opened and a fat man walked out. He came over to me and put out his hand.

I looked at him with confusion.

"I thought I was meeting The Archangel..."

"No one meets The Archangel personally."

"Right..."

"Now then come in here." He ushered me into the room he had walked out of earlier and closed the door.

"Now then to business. First of all you need to know where you're going. We can help you with that. You also need a way to counter Harold's home field advantage. Both of these we can help you with."

"What does The Archangel want in Return?"

"Nothing really. The Fears don't want The Brute raised anymore than you do personally. So we're going to give you the method of victory for free."

"Ok so what are you going to give me?"

"A guide. One of ours will travel with you to the Grove of the Semnones. Once there he will assist you in the battle neutralizing Harold's advantage."

I had a sinking feeling. "Let me guess I'll be traveling with the boy out there?"

"Er... Yes. Don't worry The Archangel is aware of your history. You should not be alarmed though. The boy has no memory prior to waking up in the hospital."

"Oh... Well that's good."

"So do you accept our help?"

"I guess."

So me and Portnoy are heading to Europe now.

Hope you're ready Harold.

1 comment: